Friday, April 01, 2005

Day 5: Another tiring 3-hour ride back to Hamilton

That wasn't the highlight of the day but it constituted quite a considerable amt of time. Anyway we left Amos' place

ahhh the two peeps who came to pick me up from the airport. really have to thank them. =) Amos and Hsu Lynn

and went to have breakfast at Wendy's. The latter is, I presume, an american fast food chain and we saw a couple of outlets in NZ so well we thought it woulnd't hurt to actually try out the burgers. Seriously, there's nothing fantastic about the burgers, trust me.

wendy's anyone?

We trekked along Queens Street. It was prob the only street that was busy. We window shopped as well as checked out the Skycity, which stuck out from the main city. Skycity actually offered something like a bungee jump service BUT i had not enough money to actually try out this novelty. It was about 110 dollars. On second thought I may actually back out if I were up there looking down many feet below me. Ulgh *shudder* oh well!

the much raved-about sky city. hmm imagine that bungee jump from the height.

Bought my first items for this trip- 2 keychains. HAHA... Up till that point in time, I had been spending all my money on food and transport. So that started me off to spending on shopping.

We had to catch the bus back to Hamilton (which cost us another 17 each). Along the way, as Karen nodded off beside me, I couldn’t help but notice the ominous clouds which followed us to Hamilton. It reminded me of the Tsunami that struck and killed innocent lives again. Ken-boy had informed me about it the night before. Well my prayers go out to them.

Anyway we came home after a little grocery shopping experience at Pak'n Save again (this time at a diff outlet *excited*), I went for a run before we decided to cook dinner. Initially I was supposed to cook but Karen got excited and she insisted that she cooked so……. I took a nice warm shower before indulging in Karen’s concoction of cooked noodles.

That was pretty much our day. I had a good rest that night.

(for more photos, click here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home