Friday, April 01, 2005

Day 6: First proper day in town

We didn't do much (or I can't remember this detail) in the morning. We visited the town in the Hamilton City. We had a buffet before browsing the stores. In my opinion, the city is a warm place filled with humble shops, and cafes juxtaposed with some dilapidated or run down shops that were screaming for attention.

my first serving for the buffet. wasn't tat fantastic but it was worth the cost. =)

i like this

as i walked past this shop, i was perplexed for just a few seconds. turned to karen and said "they don't sell no panties" hahah i actually read the shop name as "panty shop" hehhee tink i was too tired then

hahaha first time seeing such a sign/notice.

after lunch, we went to the balcony to take some shots. i tried to take a photo of my reflection with the bright blue sky behind me and interior of the restaurant.

just playing around with me cammie

I bought another candle. Lately I’ve been attracted to candles and well that very day was no exception. Other buys included underwear, lots and lots of them, and a pair of boots. Hehe Yes I indulged in retail therapy but that was all I could do because I couldn’t sign up for any more tours because the tours were either not in service on that day (I had to book in advance) or too expensive and way beyond my budget. Reality hit me that I was merely a student with a really tight budget! =(

while waiting for a bus to milee's place, we bought ICE CREAM. believe me this is the biggest double scoop ice cream i've ever had. and it was only 3 bucks!!!!

After relieving myself from disappointment, we proceeded to a Singaporean Mother’s house for dinner. We had a nice chat with Milee and had the opportunity to actually speak to a mature lady’s point of view as to why she wanted to further her studies in New Zealand. She has 3 kids whom she brought over and they are actually schooling in nearby schools. I couldn’t help but admire her for dropping everything in Singapore, and even sacrificing time with her husband and almost everything for this degree and her kids’ future. Talking to her made me consider that maybe Singapore’s education system is shit and useless.

I got really tired so we left the house, went back to the hall and promptly invited ourselves into dreamland.

(click here for more photos)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home